To celebrate National Vanilla Cupcake Day, bake up these classic Vanilla Cupcakes with a Muddy Bites twist!
These foolproof cupcakes are extra moist, and the addition of our bite-sized treat makes them easy to decorate. We piped the frosting on, but feel free to just spread it on if you don’t have a piping bag on hand. Bring these cupcakes to your next birthday party or get-together and you’ll be the life of the party.
Try this easy recipe for yourself and let us know what you think!
For the cupcakes you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
For the frosting you’ll need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grab a cupcake pan and fill with your favorite liners.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a large sized bowl and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the water to the batter and mix on low speed until it’s well combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners half way and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until fully cooked in the middle.
- Remove the cupcakes from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat the butter in a large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of milk and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining milk, as needed, and mix until smooth. Finish with a pinch of salt and combine well.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes once they’ve fully cooled. Add Muddy Bites to the top of a chocolate twist!